Laser dentistry is a safe and gentle alternative to traditional dentistry and we are proud to offer this service in our office. Dr. Chan has been effectively incorporating his dental laser into treatments of both hard and soft tissue, giving our patients a more comfortable and convenient option for dental care.
Dental lasers can be used to accomplish a variety of procedures that help patients improve the health and appearance of their teeth and gums.
- Filling cavities with little to no shots and no drills
- Cosmetic gum recontouring - reduce the appearance of a gummy smile
- Bacteria and infection control
- Treatment of gum disease with no scalpel, sutures, or post-operative pain
- Treatment of canker sores and other oral lesions
- Reduction of tooth sensitivity
- Frenectomy – Release “tongue-tie” with minimal anesthesia and no sutures
At Christopher Chan Dentistry, we use the Fotona LightWalker AT dental laser. This laser does not generate the sound, heat, vibration or pressure of the traditional dental drill. Thus, many dental procedures can be performed with fewer shots, less need for anesthesia, less use of the drill and fewer numb lips! For soft tissue procedures, it often eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster.
Laser dentistry procedures are state-of-the-art treatments that can work wonders for improving the health and appearance of your teeth and gums. If you wish to find out more about these advanced procedures, please call our office and schedule your consultation with Dr. Chan today.